Risk Management Consulting
Since 1996 we have been providing specialists advisory services and helping organisations and government to significantly improve the safety and management of risks in circumstances where they may otherwise be at an increased level of personal, business, operational and legal risk.
We have provided to our clients a range of support services with the clear intention of being able to minimize their exposure to workplace risks and critical incidents.
We have been retained over the years by numerous law firms and organisations to provide expert opinions in civil litigation tort of negligence matters. Our principal consultants have also been at the forefront of designing best practice business risk models and processes for a significant number of large corporate businesses and government agencies.
Having dealt with numerous organisational crises, we have observed that many reach that stage without having previously undertaken:
- A proper assessment of their business and critical incident risk exposure; or
- Implemented effective planning and training to align management initiatives with those risks.
This invariably results in unacceptable losses being suffered, consequential harm being exacerbated as well as scarce resources being wasted.
If a critical incident has not previously been anticipated and planned for it can sorely test, and often exceed, the limits of an organisations capacity to respond effectively and recover. This is particularly so given that many organisations do not want the overhead of keeping expert advisory teams on staff.
Our advisory services have be established to provide timely assistance and advice to organisations and government so they can better manage their critical incident risks by providing the risk management expertise they need efficiently. We can provide guidance right along the continuum of risk management from risk/threat identification through to:
- PREVENATIVE measures concerned with identifying effective strategies to reduce the likelihood / probability of incidents occurring.
- PREPARENESS measures to increase capability and build resilience for incidents if and when they occur, promoting employee, customer and public safety.
- RESPONSE (SOP's) to minimise potential harm / consequences that can flow from an incident, thereby reducing impact.
- RECOVERY concerned with restoring people’s sense of safety and wellbeing and the organisations status quo to resumption of normal operations / services.
Our well tested and defined risk management processes are offered under our RiskPlan® methodology. A process designed to provide an accurate picture of a client’s activities and associated critical vulnerabilities. The process is designed to focus on Diagnosis, Treatment, Maintenance and Improvement Measures for mitigating business and workplace risks.
In response to the risks of Workplace Violence, we specialise in the design and development of holistic and comprehensive organisational policies and workforce procedural guidelines. We can effectively align the policy and procedures with targeted training solutions to enhance the safety of customer facing and operational staff.